A very short review of 3 coworking spaces in 3 countries by 4 different criteria: space, crowd, amenities, and location.
The internet speed is pretty good (maybe a bit slower at Clock-in), this is no longer a concern.
Here are the winners for each category:
- the space - Toong, Hanoi, Vietnam
- the crowd - Outpost, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- amenities - Outpost, Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
- location - Clock-in, El Nido, Palawan, Philippines
And a few details for each coworking space:
Known as quite/high productivity space with good nomad crowd.
- the space - entire building with AC, quite room downstairs, blah-blah room with balcony upstairs, Skype booths, conf rooms
- the crowd - foreigners, mostly nomads and a few residents
- amenities - cafeteria next door, swimming pool at Bali Spirit hotel (100m walk)
- location - off the main streets, south of Ubud
The very first Toong location, famous in Hanoi.
- the space - fancy, two levels, nice architecture, decorations, and painting
- the crowd - mostly locals working in outsource-ing and half dozen foreigners
- amenities - free coffee/tea, small balcony and one rest area
- location - city center, busy street near Hoam Kiem lake
If you want to chill-out at the beach and work once in a while.
- the space - small, a single room
- the crowd - empty most of the time, tourists once in a while
- amenities - only free coffee and tea
- location - great, near Lio beach (200m walk)
If you want to get things done and meet nomad crowd then go to Outpost, Bali.